Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Kanger T2 Clearomizer


I'm sitting here with a stainless eGo-C Twist in each hand with a HH.357 on one and a Kanger T2 clearomizer on the other. I'm vaping the same e-liquid in both and to be honest there really isn't a whole lot of difference between them. Except that the HH.357 requires perhaps a little finesse to use, only holds a few drops of e-liquid at a time and costs four or five times as much. Now don't get me wrong, the HH.357 is a fantastic vape if you like direct dripping or use a bottom feeder. It truly is one of the best performing premium atomizers on the market and has legions of dedicated fans that won't vape on anything else. The other difference is that the T2 has a slightly more airy draw, but that doesn't hold it back any because it can really churn out some chewy vapour. The flavour was slightly muted with a fresh coil in it, but it broke in and came to life after vaping about 1ml of my favourite e-liquid. The flavour of this clearomizer is perhaps its best feature, it really is fantastic. I would say it's very close to the flavour I get from a HH.357 and even perhaps a little better than a brand-new Ikenvape i06 (that hasn't broken in quite yet).

I wish I could take the guts of this Kanger T2 and put it inside the Esco E2 tank, that would truly be the perfect vape for me. I had been using the E2 for a little while now and have really enjoyed it, it looks fantastic and smooth, it holds a LOT of e-liquid and gives really good flavour. It's not quite perfect though, even with the short wick sitting above the coil, it still has a tendency to spit slightly and e-liquid can build up causing a slight gurgle. If let go, this can eventually lead to leaking. The Kanger doesn't seem to have this problem at all.

This is not to say that the Kanger T2 is by any means a perfect device as of yet. One minor issue I had with it is that I could NOT remove the tip when I first received it. I had to put it in my freezer for a few minutes and then it unscrewed easily. Another minor issue (which may be my own fault) is that I do get a very tiny amount of leaking around where the bottom of the polycarbonate (I'm assuming) tube joins the base. It's not threaded or bonded in any way that I can see but after a few days of constant use, a tiny amount of liquid does seep out. I might remedy this by giving it a good clean, but I wish they had made some sort of a seal at the base there, a simple o-ring would do the job I think. It may be due to my having been a little heavy handed with it, causing the tube to spin on the base a little, but it didn't really start happening until after three or four days of heavy use. (All day, every day.)

I really love the vape that this clearomizer gives and will definitely be purchasing a 5 pack and a couple of packs of the replacement coils for it, but really I look forward to seeing an updated and improved version of this great clearomizer from Kanger. I can't remark on its overall durability yet since I have yet to exhaust one of the coils in it, I'm pretty sure it won't be as durable as a premium dripping atomizer like the HH.357 but I do feel it will be more durable than the Esco E2 tank after disassembling and inspecting one of the coils. The E2 has very tiny element wire in it, a very thin gauge while the Kanger T2 has a much more beefy coil. It doesn't look like it would be that easy to rebuild one myself, but that won't stop me from eventually trying.

1 comment:

  1. These sound really good - thanks for the detailed opinion...

    Now if I could only work out what they are called in the UK :D

    ReplyDelete